With its old-growth forests, oceanfront spaces, and sun-filled fields, the Colwood campus of Royal Roads University is a preferred destination to hold organized outdoor activities in the Capital Regional District.

We've had the pleasure of hosting sport and cultural events, dog training, environmental initiatives and more.

RRU regulates all activity that takes place on the grounds, including the surrounding trail system. We are committed to safety and protecting nature and to being a great host to guests on our 565 acres, the traditional lands of the Lekwungen-speaking Peoples, the Songhees and Esquimalt Nations.

Submit a request to hold your outdoor activity at Royal Roads

To request to hold your outdoor activity at Royal Roads, fill out the campus use application form.

Application tips

  • Submit your application at least 30 days before your event/activity.
  • Email your completed application to the email address provided on the form.
  • For questions filling out the form, request help.

Approval process

An RRU representative will be in touch with you once we receive your application. Here's what happens next:

  1. If RRU can accommodate your request, we will send you a Campus Use Agreement.
    • The Agreement will list supporting documents you’ll need to provide at the time of signing (e.g., first aid plan, emergency management plan, traffic management plan, proof of insurance).
    • The Agreement will detail the fee for using the campus.
  2. Once you've signed the Agreement, and we’ve received and approved your supporting documents, Royal Roads University will sign the Campus Use Agreement and provide you with a final copy.
  3. You can start planning your event at RRU! We look forward to welcoming you to campus.